Nearly 200 residential Teen Challenge centers across the USA provide care for people of all ages demonstrating a need for intensive help with life-controlling problems.
To provide youth, adults and families with an effective and comprehensive Christian faith-based solution to life-controlling drug and alcohol problems in order to become productive members of society. By applying biblical principles, Teen Challenge endeavors to help people become mentally-sound, emotionally-balanced, socially-adjusted, physically-well, and spiritually-alive.
When contacting a residential Teen Challenge Center for assistance, it is important that the individual who is seeking help contact the intake coordinator. There will be an application process, including paperwork, an interview and a health screening.
Our programs have been developed to encourage the student to cope with everyday life issues. Students typically rise early and have little free time, due to a busy schedule of:
- Discipleship Training
- Work Projects
- Meal Times
- Chapel Services
- Bible Reading
- Recreational Activities
- Secondary Educational Classes (adolescents)
Lives are transformed at Teen Challenge by the power of God that is stronger than the bonds of addiction. Teen Challenge helps the total person with spiritual, emotional, physical, social and educational challenges to prepare them for their new life.
- Spiritually: Teen Challenge knows that the student's symptoms are indicative of deeper problems and conflicts; we understand that a new life in Christ will give them the power and ability to overcome these problems and live a more productive life.
- Emotionally: The healing of past abuses is necessary. Bible studies enhance mental growth and serve as a foundation for creating new lives.
- Physically: We care for the physical needs of the students. These needs--a drug-free environment, food, recreation, etc--are key factors to the student's success in the program.
- Socially: Students learn to work through relationship problems with their peers and with their families at home. They will learn to apply the character qualities they learn in the classroom to their everyday lives.
- Educationally: Teen Challenge has developed a curriculum specifically designed to teach students about God and help them develop the skills required for them to become successful Christians. Adolescent centers provide secondary education, while some adult centers offer GED programs
Life after Teen Challenge
Upon graduation, students are made aware of educational and ministry opportunities in their local community colleges and churches. Although pursuing higher education has obvious benefits for any individual, it is vital that the Church has a place for those in the after care process. Continuing involvement in the local church is critical to the on-going development of any believer, especially those who have come through the battleground of addiction.